I have set up this blog with the hope to raise money to help the people of Lowah village in Amdo province, East Tibet. They live in an area called Mangra and 1000′s of peoples livelihoods are effected by the increasing problem of desertification. Amdo is also an area which has maintained a very strong nomadic culture.
This way of life is under threat by new Chinese law and if the nomads grasslands are also destroyed by the desertification they will be forced from their land in to Chinese cities. This sadly will help contribute to the death of a proud and unique way of life.
Archive for January 28th, 2010
- 185,687 Visitors
|Dan on the Tibetan Declaration of…|
|Hendon Harris on Links/Similarities between Tib…|
|Cary on The Tibetan Book of the Dead:…|
|Take action for Tibe… on Kalon Tripa Lobsang Sangay and…|
|Take action for Tibe… on The Canadian Parliamentary Fri…|
- The Lost Years of Jesus in Tibet
- Links/Similarities between Tibetan and Native American groups.
- The hierarchy of Tibetan Buddhism
- The Canadian Parliamentary Friends of Tibet (PFT) Launches Second Parliamentary Internship Program
- The Tibetan Wheel of Life
- A Tibetan Book of Spells
- The Legendary Epic of King Gesar
- Ngabo Ngawang Jigme (1910 - 2009)
- The Influence of the Occult on the 1939 German Expedition to Tibet
- Tibetan Book of the Dead
- After NBA event is cancelled, Parkdale bounces back
- Kalon Tripa Lobsang Sangay and Kalon Dicki Chhoyang Meet with Tibetan-Canadian Interns